It could be that the person is interested to know how things such as electric motors and line skate wheels spin quietly, efficiently and smoothly. The reason is because these equipment make use of a small machine known as the bearing. This particular machine is said to make majority of the machines to be functional. Without this, the worn out parts due to friction are to be replaced constantly.
How do they function?
Checking out the manufacturer site can help the person to know how industrial bearing works. Things are known to roll than sliding. The car wheels can be termed to be something like big bearings. If there are present skis rather than wheels, then the car will not be able to move down the road. The reason is because, as things slide, friction created between them tends to cause a force which slows them drastically. However, if two surfaces roll over one another, then there is diminishing of friction immensely.
Friction is reduced by offering smooth rollers or metal balls, including smoother outer and inner metal surface for balls to help roll against. Such rollers or balls tend to bear the load, thus allowing the equipment to spin smoothly and efficiently. Checking out the sites can help the person to know more about bearings and auto, spare parts, etc.
Bearings and its types and uses
Several types of bearings exist in the market, with each one developed for serving various purposes.
- Ball bearings: Commonly used and found in hard drives, line skate and in everything. They can handle both thrust loads and radial.
- Roller bearings: It is used in applications such as conveyor belt rollers to hold the heavy radial loads. However, it is not designed for handling much thrust loading.
- Ball thrust bearings: It is used especially for low speed applications. It cannot handle excess of radial load. This type is used by Lazy Susan turntables and Barstools.
- Roller thrust bearings: It has the ability to support big thrust loads and often found in the gear sets such as vehicle transmissions between the gears, rotating shafts and housing.
- Tapered roller bearings: It can support large thrust loads and large radial and finds use in car hubs. Here, it is mounted usually in pairs and faces opposite directions. This way, it can efficiently handle in both directions the thrust.
The above are the types and functions of bearings.